Honor Code Policies
What does the Honor Code mean? The Honor Code is intended to support and enforce course policies at the GHG Management Institute. The Honor Code holds that learners are honorable and trustworthy people and encourages them to behave with integrity. Learners are responsible for understanding the Honor Code and its implementation.
Individuals found in severe breech of the Honor Code will be expelled from all current and future classes, have any certificates or accreditation previously awarded revoked, and be publicly cited on the Institute’s website.
If a learner feels that his/her instructor is not doing what the Honor Code calls for, the learner should contact the instructor or the Dean of the Institute.
Learners must sign the Institute’s Policies and Honor Code form to take exams. After exams, learners must sign the Honor Pledge, stating that they have not given nor received any outside assistance on any exam including, but not limited to, any printed, audio, or electronic materials, or assistance from any individual. The Institute reserves the right to expel any learner who violates the Honor Code.
Instructors are not required to grade tests in which the signed Honor Pledge does not appear. The Honor Code remains enforced whether or not the learner signs the Pledge. The principles of the Honor Code apply to course work as well as to examinations. The instructor may allow collaboration among learners.
GHG Management Institute Honor Pledge
After each examination, students must agree to the Honor Pledge. The Honor Pledge is as follows:
“I have neither given nor received unauthorized aid on this examination, nor have I concealed any violations of the Honor Code.”
GHG Management Institute Honor Code
I agree to abide by the following Honor Code while participating in courses and examinations of The GHG Management Institute:
1. I will not give or receive any unauthorized assistance, including but not limited to, any printed, audio, or electronic materials or any individuals, in completing coursework and/or examinations. I understand that plagiarizing material from ANY source is strictly prohibited and is a direct violation of the Honor Code.
2. Each time I take an examination, I will be required to acknowledge and accept this Honor Code online.
3. If after considering a learners explanation, the Institute in its sole discretion determines that I have violated the Honor Code, I agree and acknowledge that the Institute may take certain remedial actions. These remedial actions include, but are not limited to:
a. Removal from all Institute training programs, with no refund of any fees paid to the Institute; and/or
b. Notifying third parties, such as my employer and/or my sponsoring organization, of the violation.
4. I agree and acknowledge that if the GHG Management Institute in its sole discretion determines that I have breached the Honor Code, there may be consequential and/or incidental damages relating to or arising from the remedial actions taken by the Institute.
5. By enrolling in a GHG Management Institute course or by taking an Institute examination, I agree to hold the Institute harmless from and against any such damages, and waive any right that I may have to assert a claim against the Institute, including for invasion of privacy or interference with business relations.
6. I warrant and represent that I am over eighteen years of age and that I am free to enter into this agreement. My agreement below certifies that I have read, understood and agreed to the Honor Code.
Examinations must be completed within the 12 month period in which learners register in a course.
Exams are to be completed in the time allotted in the exam instructions, without exception. The exam must be completed in a single continuous time period of two hours.
Learners must complete a course to be eligible to take an exam for a Certificate of Proficiency. Exceptions to this rule will only be made in exceptional circumstances.
Exams are available only via the Internet. Students are eligible to take exams after a Policies and Honor Code form is signed. GHG Management Institute Certificates of Proficiency are awarded when a learner scores 70% or above on any exam.
Failed exams may be retaken in four weeks. Learners will be permitted one additional opportunity to take and pass an exam.
Results are available four to six weeks after an exam has been submitted. Learners will be contacted by the Registrar via email informing them if they have passed an exam. If they have passed, they will be provided with a PDF of a printable Certificate of Proficiency as well as a letter with feedback on their exam. In order to maintain the academic integrity of the exam process, GHGMI does not provide copies of completed examinations.
The GHG Management Institute admits learners of any race, religion, color, age, sexual orientation, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to learners. The Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, age, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, or other programs administered by the Institute.
The GHG Management Institute’s policy is to respect the privacy of all learners. The Institute will not sell, rent or trade personal information about our learners to any third party. If you choose to enroll in an Institute course or other program, the Institute will share information including tracking, activity and score reports with your sponsoring company as necessary to provide service to you.
The GHG Management Institute will send class reminders, notices and other important news and information to all learners via email. Use of an email address and provision of this email address to the Institute is mandatory.
Understanding of Copyright and Ownership
All content and material provided by the GHG Management Institute is and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of the GHG Management Institute and its partner organizations. Learners agree not to transfer any Institute material to any third party without exclusive permission from the Institute. Student agrees to comply with restrictions regarding the use of copyrighted material pursuant to copyright laws and to take reasonable care to guard and protect all material in his/her possession.
GHGMI reserves the right to make changes to these policies at any time.