- C101 GHG Accounting
- C102 Organizational GHG Management
- C103 GHG Accounting and Verification
- C104 GHG Offset Projects
- C105 GHG Accounting for Forest Inventories and Projects
- C106 Carbon Markets and Accounting
- C201 Advanced GHG Accounting
- C204 Advanced GHG Offset Projects
- D301 GHG Verification and Advanced GHG Accounting
- D302 GHG Offset Projects and GHG Accounting
- D303 GHG Offset Projects and Advanced GHG Accounting
- T401 GHG Offset Projects and GHG Accounting and GHG Verification
- T402 GHG Offset Projects and Advanced GHG Accounting and GHG Verification
- 102 Introduction to Carbon Markets
- 201 Basics of Organizational GHG Accounting
- 201T İşletmelerde Sera Gazı Hesaplamanın Temelleri
- 202 Basics of Project-Level GHG Accounting
- 211 GHG Information Management Systems
- 251 Corporate Climate Change Risk Disclosure
- 301 GHG Accounting for Forest Inventories
- 302 GHG Accounting for Forest and Other Land Use Projects
- 311 GHG Accounting for Landfill Methane Projects
- 312 GHG Accounting for Coal Mine Methane Projects
- 321 GHG Accounting for Energy Efficiency Projects
- 331 GHG Accounting for Renewable Energy Projects
- 351 CDM/JI: Navigating Kyoto Project Mechanisms
- 401 GHG Verification for Inventories and Projects
- Custom Workshops
- Forthcoming Courses
- Scheduling Courses
- Certificate Course Reference
- Course Demos
- Financial Aid
- Group Tuition Rates
- New York Institute of Technology
- Alumni Reviews
- Career Spotlight
- Who We Train
Financial Assistance Policies
A critical element of the GHG Management Institute’s mission is to help train and develop the pool of GHG experts who will be needed to implement climate change strategies in governments, corporations, universities and other organizations around the world. It is essential that this capacity is developed globally to respond to the global challenge of climate change.
In this spirit, the GHG Management Institute offers financial assistance to individuals working for non-profit, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), as well as those working in governments and small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in developing countries.
In 2010 and 2011, we provided financial assistance to more than 100 learners from around the world:
2010: 69 scholarships for learners in 23 developing and 5 developed countries
2011: 35 scholarships for learners in 11 developing and 5 developed countries
While the Institute strives to accommodate all applications, it reserves the right to grant them as funding allows. Sponsors for this vital kind of assistance are most welcome, and are acknowledged on our website, presentations, and publications.
Being a non-profit, the Institute is committed to reinvesting all of its net revenue towards the further development of new courses and the growth of the financial assistance and scholarship fund.
Awarded scholarships are valid for a year only. There are no scholarship renewals. Current scholarship holders must re-apply the following year on the same basis as a new applicant. Scholarships are not transferable.
All scholarships will only apply to future enrollment in a course or program. An applicant who is already enrolled in a course or program then granted a scholarship will not be awarded a refund equivalent to his/her scholarship.
Academic Discount Policies
The Greenhouse Gas Management Institute is pleased to offer academic discounts to undergraduate and graduate students who wish to enroll in the Institute’s courses and programs.
- Students from developed countries can receive a <25%> discount on individual courses and a discount of <15%> on bundled programs, which already include significant savings of 15% or more.
- Students from developing countries can receive a <45%> discount on individual courses and a discount of <30%> on bundled programs, which already include significant savings of 15% or more.
To qualify for this academic discount, you must be a currently registered student at an accredited academic institution and in good standing. Applicants should complete the academic discount form and include a copy of their student ID (identification card) or other proof that they are currently enrolled.
The Institute reserves the right to offer this academic discount to qualified students as it sees fit.
Financial Assistance Criteria
Our criteria for awarding partial financial assistance or full scholarships to eligible individuals and organizations includes the following factors:
- Financial need (in order for us to grant all deserving applicants financial assistance, one of the criteria to award scholarship will be based on the applicants’ annual level of income);
- Your organization’s demonstrated commitment to working on greenhouse gas management issues; and
- Your commitment to a future career in greenhouse gas management.
The Institute strives to provide financial aid based on need.
Applicants are asked to suggest the level of aid they need in the financial assistance request form. In the past, the Institute has been able to provide most of the assistance requested. However, the Institute reserves the right to grant any and all financial assistance or scholarships, and to be the final arbiter of such matters. At this time, the Institute has limited financial resources for full scholarships. We hope that this situation will improve soon, and that we can offer more assistance and scholarships in the future. Thank you for your understanding.
Financial Assistance Guidelines and Requirements
All applicants must use the designated form based on their needs. Only one applicant per application form. For those applying as an organization, please include personal information for all applicants.
Please click here to download the Financial Assistance Application Form.
Please click here to download the Academic Discount Application Form.
The following information must be included in the application:
- Personal Information which includes:
- Complete name
- Home address
- School name and address (for academic discount applicants only)
- Organization, organization’s location, mission and source of funding (for financial assistance applicants only)
- Educational background
- Summary of work experience
- Annual income
- Student ID or other proof of enrollment (for academic discount applicants only)
- Course and/or programs you wish to be enrolled in
- Preferred month or class date of enrollment
- Reason(s) for applying for scholarship
- Essay on how you will use the training received from the GHG Management Institute (1000 words or less)
Please complete the application form and email it to email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 5 business days or less. Please note that proficiency exams are not subject to discounts except in cases where a full scholarship is granted.