- 201 Basics of Organizational GHG Accounting
- 202 Basics of Project-Level GHG Accounting
- 211 GHG Information Management Systems
- 301 GHG Accounting for Forest Inventories
- 302 GHG Accounting for Forest and Other Land Use Projects
- 311 GHG Accounting for Landfill Methane Projects
- 312 GHG Accounting for Coal Mine Methane Projects
- 321 GHG Accounting for Energy Efficiency Projects
- 331 GHG Accounting for Renewable Energy Projects
- 401 GHG Verification for Inventories and Projects
- 501 IPCC: Introduction and Cross-Cutting Issues
- 151 Australia’s Clean Energy Future
- 201T İşletmelerde Sera Gazı Hesaplamanın Temelleri
- 302S Cuantificación de GEI en proyectos forestales y otros proyectos de uso de la tierra
- Forthcoming Courses
The Institute offers three educational options:
The Greenhouse Gas Management Institute’s programs are globally recognized and used by the United Nations and other leading organizations to train their staff.
Courses are self-paced and offered online. Institute faculty and staff monitor classes and participate in group discussions. Courses are interactive, animated and include exercises and quizzes. If you pay the exam fee, you also may earn a certificate or diploma credential.
These are not webinars. It typically takes a learner 16-20 hours of interaction and study to complete a course. This is equivalent to a 3 to 4 day intensive workshop. But one that is instead offered on demand at whatever times and places are convenient for you.
The fee for most courses is US$250 or US$375 if exam for a Certificate of Proficiency is included. Diploma program tuitions range between US$2000 and US$2750. Purchasing a license to the full course library is US$1000 per individual. Financial aid is available to eligible applicants. Our mission, as a nonprofit, is for you to be obtain world-class professional expertise irregardless of your financial constraints.
Once you have paid the tuition fee – you are registered, enrolled, and can begin course work immediately. You will have access to course material as long as you stay active at the Institute. By logging into our Learning Management System once a year, you will continue to have access to the courses you have paid for.
You may find, based on your background and interest, that it takes you slightly more or less time than we estimate to complete a course.
Courses are available 24 hours per day. You can log into a course at any given time. Class discussions take place within forums and you will receive e-mail notifications when new material is posted.
Should you choose to enroll in a Diploma Program, you may schedule courses as you wish. Learners typically take one course at a time, although you can choose to work on more than one course at a time.
The GHG Management Institute offers two educational credentials:
- A Certificate of Proficiency is awarded to those who successfully pass an exam for a specific course.
- A Diploma represents the completion of a full curriculum of courses and their associated exams.
Why we offer courses in this format:
The GHG Management Institute utilizes an online e-learning format to keep costs down and enable us to have a global reach as large as the Internet itself. E-learning allows you to take a course without traveling and as your personal schedule permits. Online courses have a proven track record in public and private institutions. The U.S. Department of Education has compiled a report titled Evaluation of Evidence-Based Practices in Online Learning, and the findings indicated that e-learning can actually outperform typical classroom learning. Click here to view their report. And as an added bonus, you avoid emissions from traveling to class, thereby keeping your and our carbon footprint as low as possible.
For more information:
If you are interested in group enrollment, we suggest you contact us.
We conduct onsite training through Institute partners. Onsite training is typically blended with online courses that learners complete prior to arriving for an intensive practicum-based workshop. If you are interested in onsite training, we suggest you contact us.
For more information, click here to visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
If you have any questions about our diploma programs or courses, please e-mail email@example.com.