Position Announcement: Educational Program Assistant
Posted: April 3, 2013
Join an entrepreneurial mission-driven nonprofit organization established to build the quality and capacity of people around the world working on climate change and greenhouse gas management.
The Greenhouse Gas Management Institute (GHGMI) is actively seeking a Program Assistant with primary responsibility for day-to-day operation of its Education Program. The ideal candidate will be technologically savvy, possess excellent personal skills, be very comfortable with taking initiative without close supervision, and be committed to making a difference on the issue of climate change.
Start Date: Immediately
Location: United States, with preference for Northern California
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
This administrative position reports to the Director of Operations, with responsibility for managing course enrollments, registration, and learner support. The Program Assistant is the primary point of contact for quality control of educational materials, website maintenance, learner support and inquiries, scholarship requests, order processing, payment tracking, quarterly reporting, exams and certificates, and databases.
• Registrar functions: interaction with remote learners via phone and email to address inquiries and
• Manage day to day educational program operations (e.g., course enrollments, financial tracking of tuition and exam fees, program metrics, reporting, etc.)
• Update the organization website using WordPress
• Perform classroom support functions to assist online learners and instructors
• Participate in weekly staff calls
• Assist in new course development through instructional design and e-learning development using Smartbuilder
• Quality control of educational materials
• Marketing, sales and contracting support
• Support membership community
• Quarterly reporting to management
• Opportunity to get involved with marketing, sales and contracting activities
Requirements, Abilities and Characteristics:
• Ability to communicate with extreme professionalism to GHGMI learners, alumni, and members
• Passion for the mission of the Institute
• Strong ability to take initiative
• Accurate recordkeeping
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently, often with minimal oversight, as well as part of a team
• Previous experience with web editing or graphics
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) software. Microsoft Access desirable
• Ability to learn new systems and tools quickly
• Critical thinker, organized, detail oriented, clear communicator
• Previous experience in a learning/educational environment. Familiarity with Moodle learning management system preferred
• A Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
• Marketing and communications experience desired
• Ability to work in a networked virtual office environment
• Implement and evaluate administrative procedures
• Manage multiple projects and deliver products by deadlines
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salary: commensurate with experience and qualifications
• Vacation: 4 weeks per year
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org a resume and cover letter that responds specifically to each Requirements, Abilities and Characteristics bullet. No telephone calls, please. Applications will be reviewed immediately.
The Greenhouse Gas Management Institute was established in 2007 with the mission to address climate change by building and developing a global community of experts with the highest standards of professional practice in measuring, accounting, auditing and managing greenhouse gas emissions; meeting the needs of governments, corporations, and organizations large and small. For more information go to www.ghginstitute.org.
The Institute is a U.S. 501(c)(3) registered charitable nonprofit organization. It operates as a uniquely virtual organization to minimize its carbon footprint. All staff telecommute from home offices.
GHGMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.