Free Course – Emissions Trading Systems
European Commission launches online course on Emissions Trading Systems
A new course on Emissions Trading Systems (ETS) is available for free online. It covers the theory, design, and operational considerations behind an ETS while also providing instruction on best practices.
A project of the European Commission, this course is comprised of 22 individual lesson units, developed by international experts on key aspects of emissions trading, and covers the following topics:
- Theory and rationale of emissions trading as a climate policy instrument
- Technical design and implementation of an ETS
- Understanding the market, its stakeholders, and the politics of ETSs
- Evolution of emissions trading and current developments around the world
- Market readiness and specific challenges for developing countries
- Advanced policy options and long-term perspectives
Who should take this course: Anyone with an interest in how ETSs work, as well as their design and operation. The course is particularly useful for policy makers and other environmental professionals.
Availability: Set your own pace for this online course. Course material is available 24/7 from any computer with an internet connection.
Course fee: None. The course is free of charge. No registration necessary, click here to begin.