Webinar: MRV Systems and Database
We are pleased to bring this webinar to your attention. Hosted by colleagues at the Global Support Programme UNDP/UNEP and Aether, this webinar covers the support available to develop sustainable long-term Monitoring Reporting and Verification (MRV) systems for gathering, managing and reporting climate action data. The webinar will be held on the 1st November 2018 at 10 AM (GMT).
Aether has experience in the set-up and development of sustainable institutional arrangements for Transparency Systems. At the centre of the Transparency System is the MRV Portal, a simple, online platform created by Aether that supports sustainable management of climate action information. The Portal is a customisable system for individual countries to engage with stakeholders, gather data and produce outputs to meet reporting requirements. Each system is bespoke and can include data collection processes, quality assurance, data visualisations, BUR/NC output tables, co-benefits linked to Sustainable Development Goals, and much more. Aether’s work builds on lessons learned in Europe and solutions developed in Africa, the Caribbean and the West Balkans.
This webinar will benefit people who:
- Gather and compile inventory data;
- Submit UNFCCC reports;
- Use climate data to inform climate change mitigation and adaptation policies;
- Engage the public on climate change issues;
The agenda includes the following sessions:
- Introduction to the webinar, the Global Support Programme and the Aether team;
- Presentation of Aether’s work on developing sustainable MRV systems;
- Interactive session on current barriers and constraints;
- Experiences of MRV systems in action with country representatives from South Africa and Montenegro;
- Question and answer session;