Financial Assistance Policies
A critical element of the GHG Management Institute’s mission is to help train and develop the pool of GHG experts who will be needed to implement climate change strategies in governments, corporations, universities and other organizations around the world. It is essential that this capacity is developed globally to respond to the global challenge of climate change.
In this spirit, the GHG Management Institute offers financial assistance to individuals working for non-profit, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), as well as those working in governments and small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in developing countries.
We’ve provided financial assistance and scholarships to hundreds of learners from around the world.
While the the Institute strives to accommodate all applications, it reserves the right to grant them as funding allows. Sponsors for this vital kind of assistance are most welcome, and are acknowledged on our website, presentations, and publications.
Being a non-profit, the Institute is committed to reinvesting in the development of new courses and the growth of the financial assistance and scholarship fund.
Awarded scholarships are valid for one year. Current scholarship holders must re-apply the following year on the same basis as a new applicant. Scholarships are not transferable.
All scholarships only apply to future enrollment in a course or program. An applicant who is already enrolled in a course or program then granted a scholarship will not be awarded a refund equivalent to his/her scholarship.
Financial Assistance Criteria
Our criteria for awarding partial financial assistance or full scholarships to eligible individuals and organizations includes the following factors:
- Financial need (in order for us to grant all deserving applicants financial assistance, one of the criteria to award scholarship will be based on the applicants’ annual level of income);
- Your organization’s demonstrated commitment to working on greenhouse gas management issues; and
- Your commitment to a future career in greenhouse gas management.
The Institute strives to provide financial aid based on need.
Applicants are asked to suggest the level of aid they need in the financial assistance request form. In the past, the Institute has been able to provide most of the assistance requested. However, the Institute reserves the right to grant any and all financial assistance or scholarships, and to be the final arbiter of such matters. At this time, the Institute has limited financial resources for full scholarships. We hope that this situation will improve soon, and that we can offer more assistance and scholarships in the future. Thank you for your understanding.
Financial Assistance Guidelines and Requirements
All applicants must use the designated form based on their needs. Only one applicant per application form. For those applying as an organization, please include personal information for all applicants.
Please click here to download the Financial Assistance Application Form.
Please click here to download the Academic Discount Application Form.
The following information must be included in the application:
- Personal Information which includes:
- Complete name
- Home address
- School name and address (for academic discount applicants only)
- Organization, organization’s location, mission and source of funding (for financial assistance applicants only)
- Educational background
- Summary of work experience
- Annual income
- Student ID or other proof of enrollment (for academic discount applicants only)
- Course and/or programs you wish to be enrolled in
- Preferred month or class date of enrollment
- Reason(s) for applying for scholarship
- Essay on how you will use the training received from the GHG Management Institute (1000 words or less)
Please complete the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review financial aide requests monthly, you will receive a response within 5 weeks after submitting your application. Please note that proficiency exams are not subject to discounts except in cases where a full scholarship is granted.