A core element of the GHG Management Institute’s mission is training and developing the GHG experts needed to implement climate change actions in governments, corporations, universities, and other organizations worldwide.
The GHG Management Institute believes professional development opportunities are sparking change that results in new and better mitigation actions in our communities and nations.
Our Education Program develops rigorous technical training that is accessible and online globally in GHG accounting, auditing, and management. We acknowledge that the tuition cost of our training courses and diplomas may be out of reach for some aspiring professionals located in low and middle-income economies.
Given this accessibility gap, we launched a financial aid program in 2009, which awards, in the form of a scholarship, a tuition discount for qualifying individuals (e.g., enrollees from low-income economies, universities, non-governmental organizations, and underrepresented demographic groups).
Financial Assistance Criteria
Our criteria for awarding partial financial assistance or full scholarships to eligible individuals include the following factors:
- Financial need (in order for us to grant all deserving applicants financial assistance, one of the criteria to award scholarship will be based on the applicants’ annual level of income);
- Demographic information (e.g. low-income economies, universities, non-governmental organizations, and underrepresented demographic groups);
- Your personal or organization’s demonstrated commitment to working on greenhouse gas management issues; and
- Your commitment to a future career in greenhouse gas management.
The Institute strives to provide financial aid based on need.
Applicants are asked to suggest the level of aid they need in the financial assistance request form. The form is available in English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese below. In the past, the Institute has been able to provide most of the assistance requested. However, the Institute reserves the right to grant any and all scholarships and to be the final arbiter of such matters. At this time, the Institute has limited financial resources for full scholarships. Thank you for your understanding.
Click one of the buttons below to download and then submit a financial assistance form.
Financial Assistance Guidelines and Requirements
All applicants must use the designated form. Only one applicant per application form. For those applying as an organization, please include personal information for all applicants.
The following information must be included in the application:
- Personal Information which includes:
- Complete name
- Country of origin
- Home address
- School name and address (if applying for a student discount)
- Organization, organization’s location, mission and source of funding (if applicable)
- Identity (gender/racial/ethnic)
- Financial Information:
- Annual income
- Professional and educational background
- Educational background
- Summary of work experience
- Course and/or programs you wish to be enrolled in
- Short essay on reason(s) for applying for a scholarship, and on how you will use the training received from the GHG Management Institute (1000 words or less)
Please complete the application form and email it to [email protected]. We review financial aid requests monthly, you will receive a response within 5 weeks after submitting your application. Please note that proficiency exams are not subject to discounts except in cases where a full scholarship is granted.