Caribbean Cooperative MRV Hub (CCMRVH)
The Greenhouse Gas Management Institute is pleased to announce that the Caribbean Cooperative MRV Hub (CCMRVH) has been funded by the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
This project will assist English-speaking countries in the Caribbean region to efficiently develop GHG inventories, mitigation projections, and track their NDCs. The CCMRVH will pool experts from participating countries to establish regional MRV institutional arrangements and products. The project’s target beneficiaries are the national governments of the participating countries as well as existing and new experts engaged in MRV work in each of these countries.
Key implementation partners include:
- The St. George’s Regional Collaboration Centre of the UNFCCC, based at St. George’s University, Grenada
- The UNDP/UNEP Global Support Programme
- Political stakeholders and technical experts from a dozen Caribbean countries
Key activities include:
- Establishing and operating the CCMRVH,
- Conducting needs assessments,
- Developing streamlined MRV institutional arrangements,
- Producing transparent MRV and mitigation outputs for countries
- Enhancing expert capacity through mentoring and training, and
- Developing frameworks for Hub sustainability and for replication.
This 5-year project is in the early mobilization phase. If you would like to receive project-specific updates, you may sign-up here.
This project is part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI). The Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) supports this initiative on the basis of a decision adopted by the German Bundestag.